courgettes------marrows

marrow and ginger jam is what my gran used to make. I haven't got a recipe but I'm sure theres one on line somewhere.

Or make up a load of courgette, onion, tomato sauce and feeze it 

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 43,641

You can make chutney quite simply http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/6342/spiced-courgette-chutney

or this foodie forum have been finding recipes for a courgette glut 

http://wildfood.info/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=10375

Enjoy image

No-one knows if you've done your housework, but everyone knows if you've done your gardening !
  • KEFKEF Posts: 8,915

The bigger they get the less taste & they have seeds in the centre like a marrow. Pick them small. I like them fried in olive oil & garlic.

If they get a bit big I might disguise them in pasta sauces & such. If I find a very large one hiding on the plant it's compost bin for it.

If you leave big ones on the plant it slows down production of small tasty ones.

Once made courgette loaf, only me ate any of it and that was purely because I'd baked it. You can braise in white wine and cream etc. Hide it in curry image

I think Dovefromabove might reply with some tasty recipes. image

Soz Dove I typed slower than you image

p.s. never thought of onion, toms, & courgette together to freeze, brill..I'm certainly doing that. image

• nutcutletnutcutlet Posts: 24,234

the pre-dinner question here is 'What shall we have with our courgettes tonight?'

Nut, how about runner beans imageimage

• XX Posts: 707

Had courgette fritters for lunch, some left for another day as well.

• Jamie Oliver does a great courgette carbonara.... And piccalilli for Xmas!!

KEF wrote (see)

Nut, how about runner beans imageimage

that would be nice KEF but I didn't grow any. I'm not much of a veg grower. Daft really, I'm vegetarian. Got some tomatoes and some leeks if the courgette plants don't swamp them. and some beetroot. 

Maybe beans next year

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 43,641

We've got some Nut - I'll lob some over your way image

No-one knows if you've done your housework, but everyone knows if you've done your gardening !

thanks Dove.

I made a courgette/onion/garlic/mushroom/tomato thing to serve with jacket spuds and cheese.

hasthespammer gone away is it safe to come out?