Forum home Fruit & veg

Help with yellowing cucumber plant

Hi everyone, I’m totally new to growing veg so apologies if this is an obvious question. My cucumber plant has started turning yellow. It’s mostly affecting the lower leaves at the moment. I sprayed a solution of bicarbonate of soda and fairy liquid on it the other day and it seems to coincide with that but I’m not certain. Could I have burned the leaves or is it likely to be something else? I can’t see any obvious insects on there. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks 

• Looks like it could be the spray. Did you spray them when the sun was still out? Water droplets on leaves can be magnified by the sun and then the leaves get burnt however I really wouldn’t worry. A few of the lower leaves on my cucumber plant look a bit worse for wear from the cold but cucumbers are still growing well and even being harvested ☺️
  • tettyfaytettyfay Posts: 3
    I think I sprayed them during the day yes and it does get quite hot in the conservatory where they are. Thank you for your message , that’s reassuring. You don’t think it looks like disease then?
  • purplerallimpurplerallim LincolnshirePosts: 4,245
    Just be careful in a conservatory,  it can get too hot in there ( especially as I've just seen next weeks weather forecast) maybe if they are small enough they could go outside for the day.
  • tettyfaytettyfay Posts: 3
    Ok thanks for the advice , I’ll do that.