Forum home Fruit & veg

Lemon tree

Hi everyone I’m a novice gardener. I have a lemon tree in pot, in it’s 3rd year. Very excited because It has flowered and has fruit starting to grow. I am very frightened of doing the wrong thing, do I pluck some of the smaller fruit buds off?, I am feeding with citrus food every 4weeks and water every 10/14 days. Does spraying with seaweed work? It’s just very expensive to buy. Thank you for your help  any advice would be very much appreciated, YouTube is so confusing 

• fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 15,871
    If it is flowering and fruit is setting, you are doing the right thing. Carry on.
     I don't use seaweed on citrus plants.
    You don't stop doing new things because you get old, you get old because you stop doing new things. <3
  • amancalledgeorgeamancalledgeorge South LondonPosts: 2,302
    Don't worry about removing anything, the tree will drop what it can't sustain. Give it a deep water when it goes dry and add a citrus fertiliser. Fingers crossed...my little meyer lemon has set a few new fruits too. 
    To Plant a Garden is to Believe in Tomorrow
  • katnelsonkatnelson Posts: 11
    I love the Log cabin, I’m looking for a little summer house with a possible potting area inside as well. (Not fussy I know) but difficult to find I think I will have to go with someone that can make something from scratch