Forum home The potting shed

Anyone have any pine/conifer cones please?

The kids have already been talking about Christmas and have been asking me to get different varieties of large cones. Of course, I said, anything you want daddy gets. Famous last words. Can anyone help please if they have any cones in their gardens. Looking for different types of large size cones. Happy to pay. I'm not sure whether all different types of cones all fall a the same time of year or not but if they dont I woul dbe grateful if you could keep me in mind please. I'm just a father trying to avoid the look of disappointment on my little daughters' faces. :#:D

• PosyPosy Isle of Wight.Posts: 2,206
    Take them for a walk in the woods and they can enjoy collecting their own.
  • josusa47josusa47 Posts: 3,532
    Before Christmas there will be autumnal gales which will bring down the cones.  If they are back in school, there'll be half term.

• wild edgeswild edges The north west of south east WalesPosts: 5,531
    Hidden lockdown problems. Collecting cones used to be a walk in the park :# 
  • greenlovegreenlove Posts: 164
    We have been collecting cones in the woods several times but all that we have been able to gather has been common small tangerine size cones. They have been asking for larger cones and where we are there aren't any that I know of hence why I am asking if anyone has any in their gardens.