Forum home Plants

Can anyone identify this plant?

Fozzie1964Fozzie1964 Posts: 13
Hi all, we have had this plant in the garden for years but this year it has gone bonkers. These beautiful flowers have been coming and coming now for the last 10 weeks and the plant is still full of buds, it's been amazing but we cannot remember what it is called. My neighbour thinks it is a rudbeckia but we don't think it is as it has flowered for so long. Can anyone identify it please? Thanks, Claire

• Fozzie1964Fozzie1964 Posts: 13

• fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 15,861
    Euryops pectinatus or E.  crysanthemoides aka african bush daisy
    You don't stop doing new things because you get old, you get old because you stop doing new things. <3
  • BorderlineBorderline Posts: 4,632
    It looks like Euryops Pectinatus. They can be seen flowering well into the winter time. Then the flowering can start again from spring too.
    Wow you both seem fairly certain so that's great. How do I look after it? Do I cut it back in Autumn?
  • BorderlineBorderline Posts: 4,632
    Yes, give them a light prune back. Don't prune too low down into the woody areas, otherwise they may not recover.
    Thank you very much for your help, Claire.
  • Hi, the above bush daisy is flowering away with no sign of stopping and it’s now mid December. Should I be pruning or just let it keep flowering?
  • Paul B3Paul B3 Posts: 2,964
    If mine , I'd let it keep flowering until it decides not to ; cut back at any time to probably the first rosettes of leaves . As Borderline correctly states :- don't cut back too low as they may not recover .
  • Bush daisy  :)