Forum home Garden design

Show me your garden..

Since I won't be making it around to tour any beautiful formal English gardens as planned.. I would appreciate a virtual tour of your garden.  Please limit it to three images per person, for those on slower connections.  Show me your formal borders, cottage borders, veg plots, allotments, patio containers, window box, windowsill garden, or however you grow.  

Here is my view as I currently sit on my front porch sipping my Earl Grey, surveying my domain.  

When we bought this house seven years ago, that was just an island of rocks with two trees.  And an ugly white vinyl fence.  I've planted up the rocks with perennials in purples, whites, and yellows to go from spring to fall.. from forsythia to mums.  The fence behind now has hollyhocks growing all along it, to block out the blinding white in summer.  It's currently my nicest looking area of garden.  
Utah, USA.

• Busy-LizzieBusy-Lizzie Posts: 15,317
    Have you seen the thread Garden Gallery 2020? That is where we post photos of our gardens.
    Dordogne and Norfolk
  • Blue OnionBlue Onion Posts: 2,556
    Oh.. no, thanks for the thread name.  I did a bit of a search before posting, and nothing really came up.
    Utah, USA.
  • Blue OnionBlue Onion Posts: 2,556
    Disregard this post everyone.. 🙂
    Utah, USA.
  • LynLyn DevonPosts: 16,840
    Here’s mine, there’s a couple more beds but don’t want to bore you.
    I made these videos in 2017 so it’s grown on a bit more now.
    https://youtu.be/NEQm5Lek4Co
    Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• Valley GardenerValley Gardener Posts: 1,929
    @BenCotto.    Oh how I love that little brick house,youre garden is fabulous from any angle.
    The whole truth is an instrument that can only be played by an expert.
  • BenCottoBenCotto RutlandPosts: 2,189
    How kind. Thank you @Valley Gardener
  • PenninePJPenninePJ Posts: 21
    A front porch, so very American. I adore it. Crisp, clean and pretty. Beyond the larger stately homes most English gardens are reserved at the front but more lively in private, at the back of the property. You can see our Pennine patch in the blog, the Pennines hills being the spine of the country. Keep safe. Pennine PJ. 
     http://catsandapenninegarden.blogspot.com/?m=1
  • robairdmacraignilrobairdmacraignil CorkPosts: 274
    Interesting to see the nice gardens above. Here are some photos of my own garden area as well:

and

More recently posted a video of some new flowers here.

Happy gardening.
  • FireFire LondonPosts: 7,743
    Have you seen the thread Garden Gallery 2020? That is where we post photos of our gardens.

Busy-Lizzie I think this is a different request. As has been noted in the past, most pics here are close ups and we rarely get to the whole shebang (or more of it) from a distance - warts and all. I'm guilty of closely cropping to get the good bits.

I would personally be interested in garden pics long shots - including gnarly bits if they are there - the bins, the washing line, the car parked up etc. It's all helpful.