Forum home Garden design

My Garden

PaulhiscockPaulhiscock Port Sunlight, The WirralPosts: 42
I have a small back yard garden. I wanted a courtyard style garden. I lost my wife three years ago so I wanted the Garden to reflect us, I incorporated a Venus D'Milo statue as we got 

engaged there, David Austin roses which she loved, whilst making the garden feel relaxed, but incorporating Asian influences. An east meets west relaxation garden. Here are a few pictures. Always looking at changing details though.

• JennyJJennyJ DoncasterPosts: 3,039
    It's beautiful Paul. What a lovely tribute to your wife.
  • PaulhiscockPaulhiscock Port Sunlight, The WirralPosts: 42
    Thank you it was a true labour of love.
  • herbaceousherbaceous E. BerksPosts: 2,063
    That looks a lovely, peaceful place to remember your wife Paul. Gardens, like music, are wonderful for bringing back all the good memories.
    "The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it."  Sir Terry Pratchett
  • tuikowhai34tuikowhai34 Béziers, Herault, FrancePosts: 752
    What a wonderful thought.  I am sure she would be so proud of you for your great efforts!  I wonder if she enjoys sitting in your garden too.
    A good hoeing is worth two waterings.

I agree a garden can touch your soul. It really is a relaxing place. Feeling secluded which is good considering the proximity to the car park. I also am lucky that I get loads of birds in the garden. I don't deed them but put out water and have added insect hotels too
    My wing wife would of loved it, there is a lot of her in the design
  • Hi Paul, lovely garden! I just noticed you live a 5 minute walk from me! My auntie lives 2 houses down from you! What a small world hey! 
    It's a small world I think. I am very lucky that I live in such a lovely home and have fantastic neighbours
  • Valley GardenerValley Gardener Posts: 1,926
    What a lovely secluded garden,I like the boat shaped seating,and your "Moongazing Hares" I trust you let them look toward the moon?
    The whole truth is an instrument that can only be played by an expert.
    Hey thanks Ihave the main one staring up at the top of the tree that it is sat next to. On a good night the moon will be beyond.