Forum home Fruit & veg

Pepper plant problems

Hi

i never had any success with pepper plants and looks like I’m failing too with the last one I bought. Some leaves are pointing to the floor and some other have black spots in the external side of the leaf. Any idea what might be the problem?

thanks

• strelitzia32strelitzia32 Posts: 767
    Could you upload a better quality photo with a couple of different angles? It's a bit blurry when I zoom in, but it looks like a combination of problems - sun burn, something has nibbled at some leaves etc. Looks like you've got nice chillies on there though - have you been feeding it?
  • Javi.xeneizeJavi.xeneize Posts: 147
    edited June 2020
    It’s under direct sun, shouldn’t it be? Find attached more pics, it didn’t allow me to upload bigger images 

it’s not a chilli plant, it’s snack pepper. It came with those pepper there already (it only has been here 2 weeks)

thanks
  • Pete.8Pete.8 Billericay, EssexPosts: 8,479
    The black marks are probably due to a chill from which it will recover, so long as you keep it somewhere warm and out of draughts.
    The holes and other marks are likely caused by snails.
    Peppers need lots of warmth and sun and a weekly feed with tomato food if they're in a greenhouse.
    If you're trying to grow them outdoors it can be quite tricky and you'll just have to hope for a long hot summer
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit.
    Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
    I was worried that I poured too much water to it and it was the reason of the black spots. I feeded it with tomorite last week and planning to do it each month.

by now it will stay outdoors, I hope this summer will be ok
    If it's outside keep the compost on the dry side or the roots may rot, and try and keep it in a warm and sunny spot.
    Good luck
    Hi. The leaves look really bad... any advise please? Does it have a disease?
    It's not looking great is it, although your peppers do look really good and way ahead of mine.
    The likely cause is cool and or wet weather conditions a while ago.
    It seems to be slugs/snails that are eating the leaves which has weakened the plant so there may be aphids too on the underside of the leaves.
    If you have slug pellets put just a few (5-6) on the surface of the compost which should sort them out.
    I'd cut off the worst affected leaves then get a cup with cold water and mix in just 2-3 drops of washing up liquid and give the remaining leaves a wipe over.
    Let the plant sit somewhere out of the sun for a while but in a bright sheltered position.
    Give it a half-strength feed every 10 days and let it recover.
    I think those are ants. Where there are ants, usually there are aphids too, but i haven’t seen any. I think I have overwatered the plant, and maybe I poured too much tomorite on it...
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 77,268
    You’re supposed to dilute the Tomorite
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

Yes, of course, but maybe I poured too much dose for the size of the plant. I poured 3mm