Forum home Garden design

Growing results in my Demijohn jar - Video link

Video link --> https://youtu.be/o4YqRs-fDz0
I always wondered what would happen if I put in a bunch of different seeds within my 75L Demijohn jar and so I tried Smiling
As a few of you know, I really enjoy filmmaking and so I thought it would be an interesting project to share.
I will leave updates in the future as well! Smiling
Have a great weekend everyone

• Mary370Mary370 Limerick, Ireland Posts: 1,860
    Did you only need to water them once?
  • laurie12laurie12 East SussexPosts: 19
    Lovely film, am looking forward to seeing your updates. 
  • ButtercupdaysButtercupdays Posts: 3,215
    It will be interesting seeing how you manage to empty your demijohn when they've all grown a bit!
  • FireFire LondonPosts: 7,743
    That is a lovely film. I suppose you might not ever need to empty it. You would wait for the plants to eventually die - from something, rot, drought, lack of nurtient or soil. Then they might die back, compost the earth and you can start all over again. I suppose if you were in a hurry to end the experiment you could plug the hole and put the jar in a cupboard. You could do all sorts of interesting experiments.
  • tennisbossentennisbossen SwedenPosts: 6
    Mary370 said:
    Did you only need to water them once?
    Yes! It has ben 60 days now and I have not watered it anymore since the start =). I guess I will need to at some point since the jar is not completely sealed.

It will be interesting seeing how you manage to empty your demijohn when they've all grown a bit!
    Haha :_D Yes, that is the most frequent question I have recieved when I shown this to my friends. I am not sure yet, I will just see how it turns out and I will take it from there!

Fire said:
    That is a lovely film. I suppose you might not ever need to empty it. You would wait for the plants to eventually die - from something, rot, drought, lack of nurtient or soil. Then they might die back, compost the earth and you can start all over again. I suppose if you were in a hurry to end the experiment you could plug the hole and put the jar in a cupboard. You could do all sorts of interesting experiments.
    Thank you a lot @Fire ! Yes, 60 days in, now some of the plants the are lying on top of eachother have started to wither. But it seems that the ones that wither leave more room for new sprouts!:smiley:
  • FireFire LondonPosts: 7,743
    Fascinating. Do post here a follow up vid or pics at some point.