Forum home Plants

My Reasons to be Cheerful

Digging-itDigging-it Posts: 116
RAIN!! Plants have grown at least an inch overnight, I’ve only had about a egg cupful in May and April......no watering the garden today 😁
My peonie is just about to flower for the first time, it looks deep pink but it’s so long since planted I can’t remember what colour it should be.
My epimedium is blooming lovely, first time for this little wonder too.

• ButtercupdaysButtercupdays Posts: 4,537
    I'll join you in rejoicing in the rain.
    I got happily soaked yesterday, just walking round the garden in the rain, looking at how much the plants had already improved and able to enjoy the garden for the first time in ages, without stressing about things dying because I am unable to water them. (H20 thread) It's raining more today, which might mean I can worry less about our spring drying up. Perhaps I could even put a wash on, or have a shower, but better not do both just yet!
  • Mary370Mary370 Posts: 2,003
    We had some heavy mist yesterday,  I have lots to get in the ground but it needs a good soaking first
  • UsFourUsFour Posts: 49
    edited June 2020
    Garden loving the rain ..but my 3 Peony Shirley Temple (white late flowering) don't like too much rain as the blooms deteriorate if bashed around too much. At the moment they are holding up well x
    UsFour 

The older you get, the more you realise that it is OK to live a life others don't understand.
  • Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 34,876

Our gorgeous Grandson. 
    If that's not a reason to be cheerful, what is? 
    Devon.
  • laurie12laurie12 Posts: 19
    Oh @Hostafan1 he is adorable! There is something so special about a grandchild. I miss my granddaughter, Skye, "helping" me plant things in the garden. She likes to give them a little pat to "make sure they're comfy"!! Is he your first?
  • laurie12laurie12 Posts: 19
    Sorry! I forgot got carried away with lovely baby! Reason to be cheerful? I have flowers on my runner beans !! Tomorrow I will be posting that the pesky sparrows have nibbled them all, same as last year!! Haha! Have a nice evening x
  • bullfinchbullfinch Posts: 690
    Beautiful baby @Hostafan1.
  • PosyPosy Posts: 3,601
    What a gorgeous baby! I do miss hugging mine. Mind you, he doesn't stay still long enough for much hugging, now he's three!
  • madpenguinmadpenguin Posts: 2,536
    Posy said:
    What a gorgeous baby! I do miss hugging mine. Mind you, he doesn't stay still long enough for much hugging, now he's three!

I still hug mine and he is 34!  <3
    “Every day is ordinary, until it isn't.” - Bernard Cornwell-Death of Kings
  • PosyPosy Posts: 3,601
    It's the lockdown! No hugging here since March!!!