Getting Rid Of Mushrooms In Bark Chippings
Last year I had a number of trees topped and made safe. I asked the tree surgeon to leave the chips thinking they would make great covering for my flower beds, pots and a raised flower bed surrounding my patio. Wrong. I’m now coming down in mushrooms!
I appreciate that mushrooms serve a useful purpose but growing with roses, annual and biannual flowers and plants they are not nice. I want rid of them!
I’ve read that a Nitrogen fertiliser can do the job. I’ve also read somewhere that 2 tbsp. of baking soda to 1 gallon of water sprayed onto the mushroom will do the trick. Is that a fairy tale - pun intended. Can you recommend a Nitrogen fertiliser?
Anyway I’d appreciate your advice. As a matter of interest how long will it take until the clippings on the beds, pots etc will be mushroom free?
Thanks for your input and keep safe