Forum home Fruit & veg

Tomato advice.

Any idea what’s happening
to my poor old toms. 
Just been repotted two days ago. 
People have mentioned aminopyralid  
Many thanks. 

• Sabina13Sabina13 Posts: 113
    Did you harden them off before placing outdoors? 
  • Yes then bought back inside. Then back inside  Think that’s the problem?
  • Sabina13Sabina13 Posts: 113
    I ask because the leaves look like they've been sunburnt or had wind burn... I know because my own tomatoes have this problem after our last gale force winds :smiley:
  • FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 39,390
    I'd agree - either cold,  or scorching hot on foliage causes that, especially if they've been watered overhead. It tends to happen if they're next to south facing windows/glass of a greenhouse, or house. 
    If they've only just gone into those big pots, that won't have helped either. Are they all like that? Have you any other photos? Are you using the same compost and were they ok before repotting? If they were ok before it's unlikely to be the chemical problem. They get very shrivelled with that. 

If you're leaving them outdoors, try and keep them in a bit of shade during the hottest parts of the day. If the night time temps dip below around ten to twelve, that will affect them too.  :)
    It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

• mrtjformanmrtjforman Posts: 331
    hadn't considered water droplets as magnifying glasses causing burns cause they didn't look like all tops were affected but it could still also be a Nutrient burn or a bad batch of soil.
  • Pete.8Pete.8 Billericay, EssexPosts: 7,509
    I agree with @Fairygirl
    Don't think its nute burn or soil problems, it's location, location, location :)
    It was a long held idea that water droplets on leaves could act as magnifying glass and cause burns, it has been disproved though.
    They're tough plants and I reckon they'll be ok

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit.
    Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.