Forum home Problem solving

Hide a new fence

Good morning, we have had to replace our boundary fence due to the high winds in March. Looking for ideas to hide or cover it. We have a south facing garden and the fence faces east. As we are on top of a hill the prevailing winds do put a strain on it, so don,t want to grow heavy ivy on it, as was the case before, from the previous house owner. Thinking possible clematis, star jasmine. Photos show old fence line and the new one. Thank you.

• Fran IOMFran IOM Posts: 1,945
    Hi @wydpu0 I would just like to say what a beautiful garden you have there. The fence is looking good but I can understand why you would like it covered. If it's a possibility maybe you could paint it the same colour as the shed just to soften the look. There will be plenty of members on the forum who will come up with ideas as to what would be best to plant there under the weather conditions you stated. Good luck.  :)
  • Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 32,385
    I'd paint it black, it'll "vanish" and the plants in front will stand out more.
    Devon.
  • SlumSlum Posts: 354
    Firstly I’d paint it black which will help it disappear when you plant in front of it. I think your choice of clematis would work well, as would some climbing roses. Tall shrubs could also be used in front of the fence.