Forum home The potting shed

Sweet pea - such a pretty colour!

tuikowhai34tuikowhai34 Béziers, Herault, FrancePosts: 580
Very velvety looking colour - rich and dark against the yellows and greens.  Thought I'd share it!
A good hoeing is worth two waterings.

• FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 35,156
    Which one is it @tuikowhai34?
    I only grow really darks and creams or whites. I do grow Cupani though.
    It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

• tuikowhai34tuikowhai34 Béziers, Herault, FrancePosts: 580
    @Fairygirl - I have no idea- just one that popped in the say "Can I stay in your garden?"

Well - that's nice!  :)
    I grew one called Burnished Bronze, which I thought would be that sort of colour, but it was a bit pinky. Might be that one though  :)

• JessumJessum Posts: 81
    What a gorgeous colour!  I really like red and tend to go for the deep "blue" reds rather than the more orangey shade. I grow tulip Jan Reus and it is the same shade.  Beautiful.
    Thank you for your comments.  The sun was shining right onto the flower which lightened it rather.  Out of the direct sun it looks definitely black.  Hope she comes back next year!!  Tui

I like Beaujolais [only the sweet pea though  ;) ] and I've tried quite a few other dark ones like Midnight and Almost Black, but Beaujolais is very reliable here. 
    I got Royal Crimson last year, but it wasn't as rich and dark as the photos suggested. Bit too garish and strident for me for the pots. I've sown the rest and put them into the bed under my bedroom window, which is the 'garish' bed  ;)

@Fairygirl  I don't like Beaujolais either.  I prefer a rich red from the Corbières - full of tanin!  Goes down great on a cold winter's day with a good cassoulet!  

I don't partake of any of it @tuikowhai34 :)