Forum home Plants

Daisy plant

leeali86leeali86 Posts: 75
edited May 2020 in Plants
This time last week my daisy plant was in fall bloom but now it’s looking dead or half dead anyway is it normal for daisy to only last a little while each year or am I doing something wrong? Thanks in advance! 

• FairygirlFairygirl Posts: 54,837
    Has it ever been watered?
    They benefit from deadheading too, which helps promote new buds/flowers.
    It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

I live in west central Scotland - not where that photo is...
  • Hi! I am certainly finding that in this hot weather, plants in pots are needing a water every or every other day if placed in a sunny spot.

• fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 17,581
    I assume this argyranthemum is last years. They benefit from being grown fresh from cuttings most years.  As Fairygirl says, deadhead it, give it a good soak with a spoonful of soluble fertiliser such as miracle gro or Phostrogen, and it should go off again.
  • leeali86leeali86 Posts: 75
    Yes I water virtually every evening,
    i dead headed a few days ago but didn’t take all off as didn’t know if it would be to much?? Should I take all dead heads? It did have a few green flies don’t know if this is a problem but was going to use something for that what do you think? Thanks for replying.
    Hi! I am certainly finding that in this hot weather, plants in pots are needing a water every or every other day if placed in a sunny spot.

Yes my garden is south facing, a sun trap no shade at all! 

I assume this argyranthemum is last years. They benefit from being grown fresh from cuttings most years.  As Fairygirl says, deadhead it, give it a good soak with a spoonful of soluble fertiliser such as miracle gro or Phostrogen, and it should go off again.

Yes i planted it last year I will have another go at dead heading and think I have some miracle grow in the shed 👍

Should I use something for the green flies?? Sorry for the questions still quite new to all this lol 

It’s not miracle grow that I have but this! Will this be ok? 
  • FairygirlFairygirl Posts: 54,837
    That'll be fine - most of these things are similar.
    Just make sure that the pot soil is moist first. Give it a good soak, over and over until no more runs out, or immerse it in a container to get it properly hydrated.
    Otherwise, the feed will just run through and out the bottom. 
    Just make sure to follow the instructions for diluting too  :)
    The green flies are probably just greenfly. You can wipe the off with your hand, or give them a spray from a hose, but do that when the sun isn't on them.
    It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

I live in west central Scotland - not where that photo is...