Forum home Plants

Pot needed for apple tree

Javi.xeneizeJavi.xeneize Posts: 193
Hi

i just bought an apple tree and I need a pot to plant it. I think it’s like 2 years old and it has some apples (bought in frost).

which size would you recommend to buy? I would say around 30L but not sure if it. Any model recommendation? All I have seen are black plastic planters that are horrible.

pic attached

thanks

• Javi.xeneizeJavi.xeneize Posts: 193
    It’s a m26. I think fruit had been cut in the last (I bought it in frosts) as it had already 50 apples and looks like it’s grown already. How can I check it?

thanks
    It’s a scrumptious variety. So, do you recommend to move it to a bigger pot, or should I keep it where it is?

thanks
    Love the analogy :) Sorry for the dumb question but... which size would you recommend? I will follow your advise and buy the plastic pot
    Morning! That’s 50cm aprox. Considering it would be around 40 cm in depth that’s 78 litres. I’m glad I asked as I had a 30 litres planter in mind. 
    Regarding the stake, I assume it needs to be around 1m or so. Maybe 3 stacks will be safer?

Thank you very much!
    That’s perfect. Thank you so much, I really appreciate it as it’s been really helpful. I was about to do several mistakes if I wouldn’t have asked

Beautiful garden btw!

thanks