Forum home Tools and techniques

How would you like to have a watering system for your plants while you are away!

Hello!
We are a group of Master students, who would like to conduct a survey for our business management project. We would appreciate your time to answer the survey. 
Thank you for your response and time!

• pansyfacepansyface PEAK DISTRICT DerbyshirePosts: 20,106
    edited May 2020
    Away?

Who do think I am, Dominic Cummings?

Anyway, I’m not going to do it because it wants me to sign in with my Google account, whatever that is.
    Apophthegm -  a big word for a small thought.
  • K67K67 Leicestershire Posts: 2,507
    Didn't need to sign in but then I do have a Google account. Seems to be based in Germany as it asked whether you live inside  or outside of the country 
  • ButtercupdaysButtercupdays Posts: 3,985
    edited May 2020
    Impossible - don't have mains water!
    Ours comes from a natural spring and with all the dry weather this year I daren't use it for plants lest it dries up too. Have to fetch water from our pond, fortunately a good size one, and trudging up the hill (water is such heavy stuff,isn't it !) I understand how those Africans feel in the water aid ads. I feel a donation coming on...
    Only the most desperate cases get watered!
  • pansyface said:
    Away?

Who do think I am, Dominic Cummings?

Anyway, I’m not going to do it because it wants me to sign in with my Google account, whatever that is.
    Hello, 
    Thank you for your comments!
    The survey form is made in google so it requires google account and just to avoid data clutters coming from multiple responses. In any case we don't receive your personal data or email-ID. 
    This particular device is being designed to water your plants when you are away for business trip or on summer vacation so the plants don't die due to lack of water.
    Device gives you an option of setting parameters where you can set how much water you want to give and in what intervals. (Customized, portable device)

We appreciate your feedback!

• pansyfacepansyface PEAK DISTRICT DerbyshirePosts: 20,106
    Right, well I’m not your girl anyway.

I’ve never been in a business trip and the last time I went on holiday was in 1997.

(And I still don’t know what a Google account is or does.)

But good luck.
    Apophthegm -  a big word for a small thought.
  • K67 said:
    Didn't need to sign in but then I do have a Google account. Seems to be based in Germany as it asked whether you live inside  or outside of the country 
    Hello, 
    Thank you for your comments and spending your valuable time on survey!
    Yes the startup is based in Germany. We are trying to achieve some valuable inputs from you!
    This particular device is being designed to water your plants when you are away for business trip or on summer vacation so the plants don't die due to lack of water.
    Device gives you an option of setting parameters where you can set how much water you want to give and in what intervals.

• Impossible - don't have mains water!
    Ours comes from a natural spring and with all the dry weather this year I daren't use it for plants lest it dries up too. Have to fetch water from our pond, fortunately a good size one, and trudging up the hill (water is such heavy stuff,isn't it !) I understand how those Africans feel in the water aid ads. I feel a donation coming on...
    Only the most desperate cases get watered!
    Hello, 
    Thank you for your comments!
    However the device is not connected to mains! You can fill the water from your preference. As the device is portable it has a 500ml capacity tank where you can store the water from your pond as well. 
    Device gives you an option of setting parameters where you can set how much water you want to give and in what intervals.

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 77,324
    edited May 2020
    🤔 my tomato and squash plants wouldn’t last for very long on 50ml ... is that each?  They probably have a couple of litres each minimum per day when they’re growing strongly. And my beans need gallons ... not to mention the fruit bushes ... 

What sort of plants are you envisaging this being useful for ... ornamental houseplants? 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• 🤔 my tomato and squash plants wouldn’t last for very long on 50ml ... is that each?  They probably have a couple of litres each minimum per day when they’re growing strongly. And my beans need gallons ... not to mention the fruit bushes ... 

What sort of plants are you envisaging this being useful for ... ornamental houseplants? 
    We appreciate your comment!
    As you rightly said the plants which requires extensive care like vegetables will require couple of gallons. This product is targeting to indoor plants like flower pots, ornamental plants or any type of plant which can be watered with 500ml of water in various intervals so when you are away on a summer trip or short trip it will take care of your precious plants.  :)
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 77,324
    Cacti then ... they’re the only ones of my houseplants that could survive on 500mls if I were to take more than a weekend away in the summer. 

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh