Forum home Problem solving

New rose help

bbarker1211bbarker1211 North YorkshirePosts: 8
Hello everyone. I planted a rose about a month ago. It was perFelt when I bought and planted it, but in the last few days a few leaves have started drooping and turning brown. I’m watering it every other day and it’s on a west facing fence.
Here are pictures, I really hope some of you experts can advise me ,

• K67K67 Leicestershire Posts: 2,507
    Water the roots not the leaves. Water drops on leaves in sun often cause brown patches.
    Just pick off the affected ones as the plant looks healthy.
  • bbarker1211bbarker1211 North YorkshirePosts: 8
    Thank you K67, I’ll be more careful with the watering!
  • Nanny BeachNanny Beach Posts: 7,888
    Yes, direct the water at the roots, did you add compost or micorrhizal fungi when you planted it? Gives them a good start, not sure where you are but we havent had any rain for ages, and newly planted, everything needs plenty of water.  We planted a new rose, in 2018, not realising we wouldnt have any rain for 3 months, it didnt look good at all, wasnt sure about it last year, today (literally) its in full bloom and looking fantastic
  • bbarker1211bbarker1211 North YorkshirePosts: 8
    Hi Nanny Beach, yes we did all that, i've always wanted a climbing roses but I know from my grandad (long time passed away), who had a whole garden full of roses how fraught with danger roses could be!!. We live in Yorkshire, no rain at all. I'm watering it everyday and feeding once a week, is that reasonable?