Forum home Plants

Online plant deliveries /lathyrus latifolius 'white pearl'

amberspyamberspy Posts: 382
Following my order from crocus which was a nitemare ,I cancelled and got refund 
I’m looking for said plant above 
not after seeds 
with being nervous about placing another order is any company I should be wary of 🤔
I have noticed Burncoose Nurseries:have in stock but not not heard them 
I cannot go garden centre when open as shielding unfortunately 

• PosyPosy Posts: 3,601
    I think all the online garden centres are struggling at the moment. I'm surprised you had problems with Crocus, they are usually excellent. I have had problems ordering from Burncoose, but only because of the lockdown. An order from Sarah Raven was very late but high quality when it did arrive. To be honest, I think patience and understanding are the order of the day.
  • AnniDAnniD Posts: 12,483
    You could try Ballyrobert, l have had plants from them in the past and good service.
    As Posy says, all the nurseries are struggling to keep up with demand,  but you may be lucky.
    https://www.ballyrobertgardens.com/products/lathyrus-latifolius-white-pearl
  • amberspyamberspy Posts: 382
    Posy said:
    I think all the online garden centres are struggling at the moment. I'm surprised you had problems with Crocus, they are usually excellent. I have had problems ordering from Burncoose, but only because of the lockdown. An order from Sarah Raven was very late but high quality when it did arrive. To be honest, I think patience and understanding are the order of the day.
    Yip crocus is normally great 
    I been waiting 7 weeks on a order which was told only take 2 weeks 

• FairygirlFairygirl Posts: 54,895
    edited May 2020
    Crocus is very expensive, as it's a retail outlet rather than a nursery.
    Burncoose is an excellent nursery too, but many will be struggling with the current situation.
    Ballyrobert is very good. 
    It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

I live in west central Scotland - not where that photo is...

ive only ordered once from
    crocus years ago 
    mat the time just before lockdown they ones who had four plants i wanted in stock 
    four different kinds ,but more expensive but decided go ahead 
    least I managed cancel and get a refund 👍
    I’ve been ordering from local garden nursery which have been great but unfortunately they don’t have few plants what I’m after 

Interesting.  Why did you cancel?
    @Posy
    because I waited 7 weeks still no delivery 
    got email yesterday saying another 3 weeks so just cancelled 
    I see. It is a bit like that at the moment. Good luck with your next try!
    @posy
    fingers x
  • FireFire Posts: 18,996
    I received a box of plugs from Crocus which are pretty much dead - because the sent them via Royal Mail second class. They must know that Royal Mail delivery has ground to a halt in many areas of the country. It seems daft to send live plants that way. Most companies use couriers and should - esp at the moment, to guarentee the plants will survive depots and hot weather.