Forum home Plants

Rose

mumreymumrey Posts: 61
Good afternoon, has anybody noticed the rose flowers are a lot smaller, and more open.

• gjautosgjautos Posts: 427
    Do you mean generally? Can't say I've noticed on any of my roses.
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Posts: 87,800
    mumrey said:
    Good afternoon, has anybody noticed the rose flowers are a lot smaller, and more open.
    No. Have you got photos ... what varieties is this occurring in?

Gardening in Central Norfolk on improved gritty moraine over chalk ... free-draining.

• mumreymumrey Posts: 61
    Just noticed this as well
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Posts: 87,800
    edited May 2020
    I’m confused ... I don’t know what you’ve noticed ... without knowing the variety or seeing a photo of it flowering in other years I don’t understand what we're expected to deduce from that. I’m sorry 😐 

Gardening in Central Norfolk on improved gritty moraine over chalk ... free-draining.

I’ve noticed this year the flowers on my roses art small and open, other years they have been nice tight buds that slowly open and last a while, I also noticed this yellow rose inside the flower is

• edhelkaedhelka Posts: 2,350
    Any abnormalities you are seeing are probably because of the strange weather this year. Roses had been flowering very early, while the nights were still very cold. It can cause deformed blooms, proliferation, small blooms or otherwise untypical blooms.
  • B3B3 Posts: 27,284
    Hot weather will make buds open really quickly. They stay tighter if it's cooler.
    In London. Keen but lazy.
    Ok, thankyou