Forum home Tools and techniques

recommend a garden hose

Can anyone recommend a decent garden hose? One that doesn't kink and doesn't leak allover the place? Mine is driving me nuts! And I'm no spring chicken so re winding it is a pain.Many thanks.

• mikeymustardmikeymustard Posts: 455
    All I can suggest is NOT Hozelock!
  • B3B3 Posts: 21,468
    I second not hozelock. I found gardena hose and connectors work fine.
    In London. Keen but lazy.
  • LoxleyLoxley Posts: 4,452
    The type with flexible rubber in a tough woven sheath are very easy to get on with. When there's water pressure they swell a little, and then go totally limp - and easy to work with - when you turn the tap off. Mine was from Aldi but I think it's similar to the Gardena flexible hose.
  • debs64debs64 West Midlands, on the edge of the Black Country Posts: 4,217
    I love my extendable flexible hose. 100 foot long it retracts enough to fit in a plant pot no winding required. 
  • FireFire LondonPosts: 13,999
    I'd recommend Hozelock but not for a big garden.
  • strelitzia32strelitzia32 Posts: 767
    Another recommendation for hozelock here. I have the autoreel, no more rewinding miles of hose every night!
  • angie4angie4 Posts: 37
    Fire said:
    I'd recommend Hozelock but not for a big garden.
    Hmm, seems like Hozelock is a bit of a marmite thing! 
  • angie4angie4 Posts: 37
    Many thanks everyone for your advice. I'd go with Debs64's suggestion but I understand they don't work well with low water pressure, which I sadly have. 
  • AHRAHR Sheffield Posts: 361
    X hose. Its similar to the ones that willdb and debs64 recommended. I don’t like hozelock either 
  • NollieNollie Girona, Catalunya, Northen Spain.Posts: 5,630
    Gardena for me, works at any pressure. There are several grades and the more expensive, flexible one is absolutely worth it.  Hozelock I found terrible. The main thing is not to mix different connectors and hoses, though. They are meant to be universal, but aren’t.