Forum home Plants

Chrysanthemums Experts - I need your help

celcius_kkwcelcius_kkw Posts: 752
edited May 2020 in Plants
Hi there

I was watching a documentary about chrysanthemums today and saw these incredible blooms of chrysanthemums that I had never seen before.. they have a very open structure with lots of needle like petals that unravel creating a most artistic open cup effect. I took some pictures from the tele to show what I mean.. I have been googling for them but I can’t seem to find any for sale in the UK. I would be grateful if anyone could let me know the names or type of chrysanthemums these are and where might I be able to get hold of them. 

The chrysanthemum plants I’ve seen in nurseries and online webpages look nothing like these.. notice the many elegantly upward curving thin petals that open out from the centre. I’m just in awe of their beauty. 


  • EricaheatherEricaheather Posts: 204
    Sorry I cant help with which ones they are but crysanthemums direct have been great for me. Bought from them at Tatton park last year and online since. Customer service was great, so they may be able to help you out if no one on here can. 
  • cornellycornelly Posts: 970
    Try Woolmans Nurseries, they are long standing expert chrysanthemum, growers, of all varieties.
  • celcius_kkwcelcius_kkw Posts: 752
    @Ericaheather @cornelly Thank you both.. I’ve found them and couldn’t resist an impulsive purchase. 😄
  • cornellycornelly Posts: 970
    Glad you found them, I grew chrysanthemums to exhibition standard for many years and dealt with Woolmans among others, lovely flowers, still grow patio mums, take cuttings each spring, for great autumn colour.
Sign In or Register to comment.