Forum home Plants

Rose

Beryl32Beryl32 Posts: 18
i have grown a rose from a cutting of a friends rose. I cannot identify it and wondered if anyone can. The buds are darker than the rose - and petals are getting lighter as they unfurl. It looks like a floribunda or shrub rose - growing very strongly as the cutting was only started last September. Very little fragrance and multiple stems from root/soil. I do remember that the rose was a very light pink when I saw it. Photos attached. 

• edhelkaedhelka Posts: 2,350
    I don't know the ID but it looks like a climber.
  • Beryl32Beryl32 Posts: 18
    Thankyou thankyou but the parent plant definitely wasn't a climbing rose. I thought it may be Queen of Denmark but it has a very strong perfume but this one hardly smells at all - will have to keep looking! 
  • MarlorenaMarlorena Posts: 8,626
    edited May 2020
    ..where did your friend get the original rose?  it's not Queen of Denmark..
    ..you've grown a nice rose from a cutting..
    East Anglia, England
  • Beryl32Beryl32 Posts: 18
    Dont know where it was from and my friend has now moved - she didn't know it's name either. Sorry - not much help but it is a lovely rose. It has been in my conservatory all the time - in the pot for about 3 months but would like to put it in my garden but not sure where until I know how big it grows. My garden is full - but I can always find room for another rose! The leaves are a light green - a bit similar to fantin latour but a bit lighter.