Forum home The potting shed

Virtual Chelsea Flower Show

LG_LG_ gardens in SE LondonPosts: 2,604
Today is members day, so I'm not sure if everyone can see everything (haven't tried it while logged out):
https://www.rhs.org.uk/shows-events/virtual-chelsea/monday

I enjoyed this walk through Monty Don's garden

'If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.'
- Cicero

• B3B3 Posts: 12,516
    Will there be virtual slebs in stilettos and silly hats?
    In London. Keen but lazy.
  • amancalledgeorgeamancalledgeorge South LondonPosts: 882
    I've never had an interest in visiting Chelsea FS...but may have a look online. Always impressed by the ticket prices and the fact they sell at such numbers...frankly cheaper to go to Glyndebourne (roll on 2021) 😂 but hey ho, it helps keep the RHS afloat which is no bad thing. 
    To Plant a Garden is to Believe in Tomorrow
  • B3B3 Posts: 12,516
    Me neither. I walked past it the other year to go to the physic garden. I had no desire to join the throng.
    In London. Keen but lazy.
  • amancalledgeorgeamancalledgeorge South LondonPosts: 882
    I grew up in Athens and we had an annual flower festival in the nearby park and it was so lovely that it wasn't about show off gardens but more about meeting the growers and seeing lots of new plants. Low key and free to enter too @B3 which is why these RHS glossy affairs leave me cold. But I think it probably has to do with one's perception of what a fun day out is. Never been to the Physic Garden...have to rectify it. 
    To Plant a Garden is to Believe in Tomorrow
  • Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 24,625
    B3 said:
    Will there be virtual slebs in stilettos and silly hats?
    Paul Smith, Joanna Lumley, Felicity Kendal, Aneka Rice, Thingy Biggins  etc etc will be gutted. 
    Devon.
  • AnniDAnniD Posts: 5,948
    Thanks for posting that @LG_ :)
    That's quite a trek to feed the chickens! 
  • FireFire LondonPosts: 6,194
    edited 18 May
    Thanks @LG_  - wonderful and relaxing little tour. Much needed today.
  • Lizzie27Lizzie27 Bath, SomersetPosts: 4,977
    I enjoyed last night's edition looking back on the last decade's winners. It will be interesting to see the celebrity garden designers' own gardens during the week. Not an RHS member any more (too far away from any of their gardens but have been twice to Chelsea and adored it (apart from the crowds!!!).
  • JennyJJennyJ DoncasterPosts: 2,045
    I've never been to Chelsea (it looks too crowded even on members' day). Most years I go to Harlow Carr once or twice so with the magazine and the seed scheme I think it's worth the money.
  • GWRSGWRS Posts: 7,207
    Hello , not watched last nights programme yet
    Have been to Chelsea once , the weather was good , fabulous day out 😎