Forum home Problem solving

Tomato and strawberry leaves problems. Please help

124»

• FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 47,289
    Mmm - not really .... ;)
    I think we'd better stop - we'll be putting folk off their lunch.....
    It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

• Pete.8Pete.8 Billericay, EssexPosts: 9,327
    Or get arrested :)
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit.
    Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
    Fat chance of seeing any police round here @Pete.8 ;)
    2 of them to cover a massive area. You need to be getting murdered in your bed to have any chance of one turning up...and even then....!

• RussellTRussellT Posts: 12
    Back on topic😉: This from Thompson & Morgan: Tomatoes optimum temp range is 21-24 degrees, they perform poorly below 16 or above 27.
  • robertwallrobertwall Posts: 4
    eeceet said:
    Pete.8 said:
    Have you had a look with a magnifier on the underside of the tomato leaves with the tiny spots?
    I have looked and I couldn't see anything. Unfortunately I don't have a magnifying glass so I tried to take a closer look through the phones camera but can't see anything. Please see some new pictures.

Also, since I'm already here could you help with fertilizing? I just bought the miracle-gro slow release granules seen below because I'm planning to use that and use liquid fertilizer occasionally if needed. Is that right? How much shall I use per 30cm pot? All plants are in pots/buckets with holes. strawberries and some tomatoes are.in peat free compost and water goes through that so quickly I'm not sure if it retains much of it. Shall I use bug killer plant spray?

Thank you in advance for any advice!re 

It looks like your tomatoes are a little cold 
    They go a blue when to cold or need potting on 
    Also your tomato fertiliser add nettle leaves to water and when it goes dark brown it's perfect tomato food 

Unless they're setting fruit- they shouldn't need feeding. 
    Feeding starts when the first truss of fruit is set  :)
    They should need nothing apart from water, unless there's something seriously wrong with the medium they're being grown in. They shouldn't be outside - it's too cold.
    We've already established that I think  :)

• eeceeteeceet Posts: 13
    edited May 2020
    First year growing tomatoes, so thank you for all your advice! I hope temperature will raise from tomorrow because where they are kept temperature can go down to as low as 5c at night. I hope they will survive and still have lots of fruits
    Next year.ill be more prepared. The whole thing started as an activity for the kids during lockdown. It turned out kids don't bother but I quite enjoy it :smiley:
    The low night time temp will certainly be a bit of a problem. It's why it's rarely worth attempting them outdoors where I am @eeceet. Our night time temps are often single figs in summer. 
    You might be able to rig something up for protection overnight though.  That's definitely worth doing. You'll get some help with ideas for that too if you want  :)

Kids eh?  :D

• eeceeteeceet Posts: 13
    Strawberries started flowering. I bought them bare rooted about a month ago. do I have to remove the first flowers? I remember reading this on a gardening site. Is this time to start feeding these strawberries with tomorite as well? (I know that's tomato flood)