Forum home Problem solving

Grade A and grade b turf? What’s the difference?!

Need to make a decision between grade a&b turf by the end of the week. I have 2 children - the end goal is I want a nice lawn they can walk barefoot on. Anyone noticed any major differences? Thanks!

• amancalledgeorgeamancalledgeorge South LondonPosts: 2,306
    Out of context A/B means absolutely nothing... who's the supplier and how do they explain different grades? And of course how that matches your needs. Walking barefoot on it is not exactly difficult to achieve...unless the local fox likes to use it as a toilet 😂
    To Plant a Garden is to Believe in Tomorrow
  • beanie31beanie31 Posts: 15
    Cats are my problem but I’m looking at solutions 🤣🙈 I’m paying someone to do it as it’s a big job, the difference in cost is £110 between a&b. The pictures I’ve seen of the grade a look better to me but some people say they can’t tell a difference when they are next to each other 🤷🏻‍♀️ 
  • micearguersmicearguers CambridgePosts: 598
    Can you ask this person to explain the difference? And where they source their turf?
  • amancalledgeorgeamancalledgeorge South LondonPosts: 2,306
    Exactly @micearguers when we had our garden landscaped they gave us the website details of their supplier to check out the spec. Worth asking. 
    To Plant a Garden is to Believe in Tomorrow
  • BenCottoBenCotto RutlandPosts: 3,737
    The only online company I could find that classifies turf as grade A, B and C is Glendale of Blackpool.