Forum home The potting shed

🌻 RESURRECTED 93 🌻

Ladybird4Ladybird4 Third rock from the sunPosts: 27,944
Hawthorn Crataegus monogyna - Woodland Trust
Cacoethes: An irresistible urge to do something inadvisable

• Ladybird4Ladybird4 Third rock from the sunPosts: 27,944
  • star gaze lilystar gaze lily Posts: 13,250
    Hi LB , goodness 93 already, that thread went quick.
    Beautiful photo, reminds me I took a photo of my Verbernum yesterday. I'll put it on in a mo. 
    Weather had changed already, grey skies and a very cold breeze. 

SGL, that is stunning. Mine is not quite as far on as yours but its getting there. Beautiful picture!
    Thank you LB, it's one of my favourites. Wish it was in flower during the summer months though. 
    I know what you mean SGL. All the more reason to love it whilst its in all its glory.
    Goodness the weather has changed in the last couple of hours. So very chilly and windy. The sky is very dark, we have the lights on. Looks like it's going to rain. 
    Very quiet on here today. 
    I wonder what Boris will have to say tonight. I can't imagine there's going to be much difference, if any. 
    Hope you're all well, take care. 
  • TopbirdTopbird Posts: 5,510
    Well this morning I told you it was sunny and 19C. By 2pm it had gone decidedly greyer and the temp had dropped to 10C. Big change in such a short time. Had to come in to get a coat to finish what I was doing.

Like you Lily - I'm not expecting big changes in the statement this evening but it will be nice to see garden centres and recycling centres opened up again. (I think they're both forecast to happen).

The little nursery in the next village had been operating by doing deliveries until one of the staff tested positive a few weeks ago. Apparently they're now set up and ready to go for customers as soon as they're allowed to open. I don't think people can just roll up. They're going to have timed visiting slots which you book online to manage the number of visitors. It's a proper nursery (everything grown from seed and cuttings) and a family business so I'll be ready to spend my pennies to keep it going.
    Heaven is ... sitting in the garden with a G&T and a cat while watching the sun go down
    That sounds just like the sort of enterprise I would be happy to support too T'Bird.
  • Ante30Ante30 Senj, CroatiaPosts: 983
    Good evening.
    It was nice and lazy day. Tomorrow will be different story. Good news are that from tomorrow we can travel between counties. Hotels, bars and restaurants will be open. School will start again, but only elementary. We stay  online till the end of school year.

I hope that you all had a nice day.