Forum home Plants

Hosta Appreciation Corner

• edhelkaedhelka GwyneddPosts: 1,421
    Patriot (if I remember correctly). Already getting some holes even though I spray with garlic.
    'Dinner Jacket', still a baby.

• Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 26,165
    http://www.hostalibrary.org/index.html
     Might be some help with identification. ( if you've got the stamina )
    Devon.
  • WilderbeastWilderbeast East YorkshirePosts: 739
    @Hostafan1 After looking at that link you can call me a boring, miserable old fart but I'm happy not knowing what exactly the plant name is, if it looks good I'm happy. 
  • Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 26,165
    @Hostafan1 After looking at that link you can call me a boring, miserable old fart but I'm happy not knowing what exactly the plant name is, if it looks good I'm happy. 
    I'm with you. Too many.
    I've got loads where labels have been lost too.
    Devon.
  • KiliKili Posts: 364
    My Hosta's finally come up . I would like to know which one it is, can anyone identify please?

'The power of accurate observation .... is commonly called cynicism by those that have not got it.

George Bernard Shaw'

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 64,578
    @Kili ... see above 😉 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• B3B3 Posts: 15,018
    I normally only need to know the name of a plant if something goes wrong or I'm not sure how to look after it
    In London. Keen but lazy.
  • KiliKili Posts: 364
    @Kili ... see above 😉 
    Lol.. I obviously need to pay more attention when reading these threads.

Thanks Dove I've emailed that site a picture of it as they say " Send us a Photo". Hopefully they will advise.

Kili

Stay safe everyone .

'The power of accurate observation .... is commonly called cynicism by those that have not got it.

George Bernard Shaw'

@edhelka ... I like that Dinner Jacket   😊 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

@Auntie V Here he is ... our H. ‘Minuteman’ 😊