Forum home Plants

Hosta Appreciation Corner

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 64,578
    We also have hedgehogs, frogs and toads helping in the slug battle @wilderbeast 😊  .., and the majority of our hostas are on the terrace right next to the hedgehog feeding station. However the  H. Blue Angels are up on a raised bed with little hedgehog access. 
    We have H. Hadspen’s Blue in the front border which gets no protection from me and virtually no attention from the molluscs ... but I do sometimes find a big fat toad lurking in that bed, so I thing he’s helping me with that bed 😃 

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 26,165
    I went out with a torch last night as one clump was being attacked. Found about 8 MASSIVE snails lurking above the reach of Spikey and chums.
    Devon.
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 64,578
    edited 10 May
    Threaten them with garlic butter @Hostafan1 🐌 😋 🍷 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• WilderbeastWilderbeast East YorkshirePosts: 739

Currently my best looking hosta, most are only just getting into there stride. Think this was our 1st hosta bought years ago, it had more different homes than I can possibly remember
  • owd potterowd potter Posts: 342
    that is a lovely plant @Wilderbeast, looks just like the one posted earlier by AuntieV, 
    what is it?
  • WilderbeastWilderbeast East YorkshirePosts: 739
    Im not sure what it is @owd potter we've had it so long, we bought it along with a tiny yucca and that's now 5ft tall !!!
  • B3B3 Posts: 15,018
    Some of mine. Most need repotting  - maybe next year 😒

In London. Keen but lazy.
  • newbie77newbie77 LondonPosts: 423

Tape on pot.