Forum home Plants

I.D Please

D0rdogne_DamselD0rdogne_Damsel Saint Yrieix La Perche, Haute Vienne/Dordogne border. FrancePosts: 2,812
Hi, I am digging out an old flowerbed and trying to rescue the plants. I've come across quite a large clump of these and am wondering if they are flowers or weeds. I gave a vague recollection of Cone Plants being there or some kind of big daisy, but now I'm not sure. Any advice very much appreciated. 😁🙄

"To nurture a garden is to feed not just the body, but the soul." — Alfred Austin

• fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 14,911
    One of the heleniums?

You don't stop doing new things because you get old, you get old because you stop doing new things. <3
  • PerkiPerki Rossendale - LancashirePosts: 1,885
    Looks like a leucanthemum 
  • D0rdogne_DamselD0rdogne_Damsel Saint Yrieix La Perche, Haute Vienne/Dordogne border. FrancePosts: 2,812
    Thanks @fidgetbones and @Perki: Not a weed then! 😁
    "To nurture a garden is to feed not just the body, but the soul." — Alfred Austin
  • Busy-LizzieBusy-Lizzie Posts: 15,326
    No, not a weed. Could be either of those or even Goldenrod.
    Dordogne and Norfolk
  • D0rdogne_DamselD0rdogne_Damsel Saint Yrieix La Perche, Haute Vienne/Dordogne border. FrancePosts: 2,812
    Thanks @Busy-Lizzie. I think (from memory, not necessarily to be trusted) this is the Goldenrod, nearby to the earlier picture. Similar but slightly different. 

• LoxleyLoxley Posts: 3,115
    The first one looks like goldenrod to me. I have one in my garden that keeps popping up, the first year I assumed it was a weed so kept pulling it up but it always bounced back. So it's appearance is sort of seared into my memory!
    I'll let you all know when it flowers. Thanks all. @WillDB @Busy-Lizzie , @Perki & @fidgetbones . :)
    Hello all, 

Just an update, it was indeed Goldenrod. 
    @Loxley
    @Busy-Lizzie
    @willDB
    @Perki
    @fidgetbones
  • Busy-LizzieBusy-Lizzie Posts: 15,326
    Thank you @D0rdogne_Damsel, thought it was. :)
    Dordogne and Norfolk