Forum home Plants

Self seeded fuchsia?

clarawicksclarawicks Posts: 53
Hi all, I have one bed in my garden that I usually plant up with annuals - last year I had geraniums, fuchsia and petunia. The garden is south facing and sheltered but unshaded so my bedding plants lasted until November, I then lazily left them in over the winter. I now have literally hundreds of these self seeded plants. I think they are most likely fuchsia based on the leaves - do you agree? Will these flower? I’m unsure whether to get them pulled up now and get some colourful bedding - the rest of my garden is perennial so I enjoy playing with colour in this bed!
Thanks
Clara

• K67K67 Posts: 2,507
    No idea what they are but why don't you pot some or all up so you can replant the bed.

• BorderlineBorderline Posts: 4,688
    The seedlings could be from a nearby tree. Do you have any Ash trees nearby?
  • clarawicksclarawicks Posts: 53
    The seedlings could be from a nearby tree. Do you have any Ash trees nearby?
    Omg @Borderline, I just did a google image search and I think you are absolutely right, ash seedlings! So glad I haven’t nurtured them all summer 🤦🏼‍♀️ At least it gives me a job to do tomorrow in pulling all the things up!