Forum home Plants

Flower of the day

WilderbeastWilderbeast Posts: 1,415
I'm sure there was thread on this theme but can't find it. Anyway my offering today is torn between a tulip and aqueligia

The tulip seems to have hybridises and gone all streaky, we love them and it happened to various varieties this year. The aqueligia is Strawberries and cream a beautiful little flower the colours are delightful, think this comes out on top 😀😀

• Mary370Mary370 Posts: 2,003
    That aqueligia is beautiful 
  • FlyDragonFlyDragon Posts: 834
    Lovely!  I’ll have to look up that second one, not familiar with it but very striking. 

I’ll join in, I think my favourite today is between the tulip and the azalea, it’s definitely a pink day though! 

• WilderbeastWilderbeast Posts: 1,415
    @FlyDragon I'll plump for your tulip it's lovely 👍
  • FlyDragonFlyDragon Posts: 834
    Thank you!  I was inspired to take some pictures late afternoon when the light was just right.  I think azaleas look better ‘en masse’, so there’s an excuse for another pic! 

• LizaJLizaJ Posts: 51
    Wilderbeast - that Aqueligia (Strawberries & Cream) is stunning.  I googled it but couldn't find.  I would love some seeds to grow myself, any suggestions on where to get hold of them?
    @LizaJ sorry can't help with that, we got the plant from a GC somewhere but can't remember where and haven't been able to find the plant or seeds online at all. I've been tempted to dig it up and have a go at doing some fertilization with a brush to try and get true seed, me thinks that's well outside a beginner's abilities 😭😭
  • LizaJLizaJ Posts: 51
    It's absolutely gorgeous, would be lovely if you could get seeds from it when it goes over and try to grow on from them.  You're very lucky to have it in your garden, enjoy it!

This is my choice today, it's a fab rose no idea of the name has a beautiful scent and lovely burnt orange edges that then fade to a delicate pale cream. It was totally out of control last year with no growth at the bottom and loads of flowers 10ft up the wall, pruned it really had last autumn and it's transformed. 
  • AHRAHR Posts: 361

I'm liking the orange there, we haven't any really deep orange flowers maybe we should try some