Forum home Problem solving

Weed identification

Hi everyone! Could anyone possibly identify these seedlings please? My son has prepared a seed bed and put some wild flower seeds down, however even though they are now coming through, the ground is covered in these seedlings!!! Any clue?? 

• micearguersmicearguers CambridgePosts: 601
    Look like sunflower seedlings.
  • Jan H11Jan H11 Posts: 47
    Hi thank you so much for your reply....Really? I have some in pots but they don’t have the veins on the leaves......🧐
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 79,391
    What flowers are in the mix and what was growing there before ... that’ll give us a few clues ... hopefully 🤞 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

There are Love in a mist, sunflowers, zinnias and poppies but only a small amount of them tbh.....I don’t know what was there before but these little darlings just came up like cress!!!!
  • B3B3 South East LondonPosts: 22,339
    Definitely not nigella or poppies
    In London. Keen but lazy.
    They have surely got to be some kind of weeds.....??
  • B3B3 South East LondonPosts: 22,339
    Only if you don't like them😉
    In London. Keen but lazy.
    Ha ha.😂..... I’m willing them to be a proper plant....but I’m not convinced......☹️
    Ah.....so now my son send me this horrific picture of what was there before......does this answer the fateful question?!!
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 79,391
    We’ll probably have to wait a bit longer for a few more clues ... 🌱 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh