Forum home The potting shed

Overseeded 1 Week after weed and Feed!!

HI,

Being the novice that i am i have overseeded 1 week after using Evergreen 4 in 1, what will be the outcome of this? Will the seed take or just die off?

Having now looked further into it i should have left it around 4 weeks.

Thanks

Anthony

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 72,085
    edited April 2020
    Hi @anthonyw87 and welcome to the forum 😊

Think it’s a case of wait and see. Most of the lawn treatments containing weedkiller also contain a pre emergent treatment that stops weed seeds germinating and this will also affect grass seed so you’ll probably have to reseed ...  we live and learn. 

The pigeons have hoovered up most of ours so we’ll be scattering some more this week. 😆 

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Hi @anthonyw87 and welcome to the forum 😊

Think it’s a case of wait and see. Most of the lawn treatments containing weedkiller also contain a pre emergent treatment that stops weed seeds germinating and this will also affect grass seed so you’ll probably have to reseed ...  we live and learn. 

The pigeons have hoovered up most of ours so we’ll be scattering some more this week. 😆 

Thanks.

Well fingers crossed i get away with this school boy error, worst case like you say ill add more seed in a few weeks.

I have noticed an influx of birds so if anything at least they'll be happy eating the seed. :D