Forum home Problem solving

Weeds in grass - can anyone identify?

Hello! So our grass is being take over by a few different types of weeds. I can identify the obvious culprits (dandelions as an example) however these ones I cannot. Once I know their name i hope to work out how to get rid
if them. Many thanks for any help! :) 

• herbaceousherbaceous OxfordshirePosts: 2,312
    The last one is selfheal @sara.adcock but not sure of the other two. Regular mowing will help to keep them down although selfheal lies flat anyway. Not a lawn expert as I just leave most of them and enjoy my green patch!
    "The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it."  Sir Terry Pratchett
  • B3B3 South East LondonPosts: 24,036
    Top one buttercup. Next probably speedwell. All the usual suspects. You either live with them or spend time you could be doing something more interesting in your garden trying to eradicate them 
    In London. Keen but lazy.
  • The last one is selfheal @sara.adcock but not sure of the other two. Regular mowing will help to keep them down although selfheal lies flat anyway. Not a lawn expert as I just leave most of them and enjoy my green patch!
    Thank you! Yes this one is the least invasive to be honest so I may just live with it. Many thanks :) 
  • B3 said:
    Top one buttercup. Next probably speedwell. All the usual suspects. You either live with them or spend time you could be doing something more interesting in your garden trying to eradicate them 
    Many thanks that’s very helpful - we have large areas of the 
    first One so will think on it. Thanks again!