Forum home The potting shed

Please can anyone name this plant? It spent all winter as a house plant, in flower.

• herbaceousherbaceous E. BerksPosts: 2,257
    As I discovered when my daughter gave me one on Mothering Sunday it's a Fairy Primrose.  I'd never heard of them before but apparently they are not hardy so are grown as annual house plants.

https://forum.gardenersworld.com/discussion/1035731/what-is-this-please-anyone#latest
    "The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it."  Sir Terry Pratchett
  • RosemarySRosemaryS Posts: 11
    Thank you, Herbaceous.  I bought it before Christmas and it has flowered indoors ever since.  I put it out in the garden (in its pot) and recently planted it in the soil, where it seems very happy.
    I will need to dig it up during the autumn and bring it indoors again then.  :)
  • herbaceousherbaceous E. BerksPosts: 2,257
    Hope it survives for you @RosemaryS I am going to try and keep mine going too, we'll have to post pictures next year!  My money is on yours surviving as I am rubbish with flowers  :( 
    "The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it."  Sir Terry Pratchett
  • RosemarySRosemaryS Posts: 11
    See you here in December then!