Forum home The potting shed

Is my PC packing up or......

herbaceousherbaceous E. BerksPosts: 2,257
Have a large number of posters lost their avatars?
"The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it."  Sir Terry Pratchett

• FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 39,184
    Yes - I had trouble getting on here too. Obviously some glitch.
    Maybe they've had one of the phone calls I had today - my internet was being cut off apparently. They presumably wanted all my bank details to sort it.... ;)
    It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

• herbaceousherbaceous E. BerksPosts: 2,257
    Well I hope you paid up and got it sorted @Fairygirl

"The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it."  Sir Terry Pratchett
  • JennyJJennyJ DoncasterPosts: 4,345
    I just had a bit of a hiccup posting on another thread, and then it threw me out. I think it's this forum (or the server it's on) throwing a bit of a wobbly.
  • TopbirdTopbird Posts: 6,359
    Hmm - I just had a new and strange message about redirecting me or my browser (disappeared before I had time to inwardly digest). Gave me momentary cause for concern in case I was being hijacked by aliens or dastardly internet hackers. 
    Heaven is ... sitting in the garden with a G&T and a cat while watching the sun go down
    That's the message I was getting @Topbird

Yes @herbaceous - I offered to transfer all my savings into their bank account too. They said I could marry a Nigerian prince as well...

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 71,776
    edited April 2020
    Have you always lived in Outer Mongolia @herbaceous ... or is it a recent move?  Have you taken up the nomadic life ... how does that affect your gardening?
    You probably have access to lots of lovely pony poo tho’ .  😃  
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• JennyJJennyJ DoncasterPosts: 4,345
    Yes I had that as well. Something about "checking your browser".
  • herbaceousherbaceous E. BerksPosts: 2,257
    edited April 2020
    Oooooh  @Fairygirl I never get those kinds of offers these days  :D 

I had that message too @Topbird thank goodness its not just me, new PC don't want it to go Pete Tong in the middle of lockdown!

Its a pain to be honest @Dovefromabove high altitude doncha know.  I was trying to help someone change their location earlier and fell foul of whatever this weirdness is, now I just want to home to E. Berks!  Will the government charter me a plane do you think?
    I got that too @philippa smith2. I pressed save draft and it didn't work either - presumably it blocked summat
    Had to rewrite it - just as well it wasn't too long!

• TopbirdTopbird Posts: 6,359
    Can I come to the wedding @Fairygirl? sounds lovely.

As my 'Plus one' I could bring along my poor friend who's had a terrible accident in Morocco or somewhere but can't get any help from their insurance and (although they really hate to ask) would be very grateful if I could forward them £2000 - just as a loan till they get things sorted...😁
    Heaven is ... sitting in the garden with a G&T and a cat while watching the sun go down