Forum home Problem solving

Plants to identify

Hi there. Can anyone tell me please what these three are growing in my garden. First one is a ground shrub, the second and third are gigantic bushes. The last one is nearly finished with its flowers, so not a great photo. Ta. 

• JennyJJennyJ DoncasterPosts: 7,658
    The first one is Bergenia.
    The flowers in the second pic are Ribes (flowering currant) and the crinkly, lobed leaves belong to it too. The smoother leaves look like Snowberry (Symphoricarpos)
    The third one could be Leycesteria but I'm not sure.

• punkdocpunkdoc Sheffield, Derbyshire border.Posts: 13,019
    1. Bergenia
    2. Ribes
    3. terrible picture
    There are ashtrays of emulsion,
    for the fag ends of the aristocracy.
  • Thank you, kindly. Yes, last one isn’t great. Will have to wait until next year for a better photo. By then it will have taken over the whole garden. Its huge!
  • NanniemoNanniemo Posts: 222
    I’m wondering if the ‘terrible’ photo is a Himalayan Honeysuckle?
  • Hi Nanniemo. I’ve just looked at some pictures of Himalayan Honeysuckle and that’s it! Thank you very much. Any idea about the picture below please?
  • Forgot to attach the last picture that I asked about. Thanks. 
  • NanniemoNanniemo Posts: 222
    Viburnam?
  • jaffacakesjaffacakes IrelandPosts: 424
    Himalayan honeysuckle can be cut to the ground but don't think it can be gigantic. Thought they only get to about 7 feet. I love them :) 
  • If you have a smartphone, have you tried the 'Picture this' app? It's very good at identifying plants. It identified himalayan honeysuckle just from taking a photo of your photo :) 
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 82,102
    I agree @Hexagon ... this forum has a really good record on identifying plants ...much better than apps ... and we’re frequently having to correct misidentifications by app ... some have been quite funny. 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh