Forum home Plants

Intruders what do you think they are?

JacquimcmahonJacquimcmahon Posts: 1,021
Little mystery. I have a nice tray of snapdragon seedlings and what look like a few intruders. Any ideas what they look like?
Marne la vallée, basically just outside Paris 🇫🇷, but definitely Scottish at heart.

• BobTheGardenerBobTheGardener Posts: 11,384
    I would say those are Morning glory seedlings.  Did you accidentally plant 2 things in the same modules?
    A trowel in the hand is worth a thousand lost under a bush.
  • ObelixxObelixx Posts: 30,007
    Last year I had baby persicaria of the weedling variety in nearly all my seed trays and pots.  French compost makers don't seem to manage the temperatures needed to sterilise unwanted guest seeds.
    Vendée - 20kms from Atlantic coast.
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • JacquimcmahonJacquimcmahon Posts: 1,021
    Hmm don’t think so but I did plant MGs in another tray, all of which came up and are already much bigger than these. I think I’ll try to prick them out into new pots and see what happens. :*

Marne la vallée, basically just outside Paris 🇫🇷, but definitely Scottish at heart.
  • B3B3 Posts: 27,302
    I thought morning glory or a close relative too.
    In London. Keen but lazy.
  • ObelixxObelixx Posts: 30,007
    Bindweed is the same family.   Just saying.
    Vendée - 20kms from Atlantic coast.
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • B3B3 Posts: 27,302
    Didn't want to mention it😉
    In London. Keen but lazy.
    Definitely putting them into separate pots if there is a chance they could be bind weed!
  • LynLyn Posts: 23,190
    I’ve just germinated a mixed pack of white wild flower seeds, bought the same last year from Wilco, (and they were gorgeous). But my tray has this in as well, they’re weren’t bind bind last year! Can’t think what off hand but will leave them and see. 
    Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

Perhaps we need a mystery seed thread.... kind of a sow and see.....