Chitting potatoes...or not?
My seed potatoes (Kestrel - second earlies) finally turned up yesterday, despite having ordered them about 3-4 weeks ago. I realised I was leaving it late to chit them anyway, but now with the extra delay in postage, I'm not sure what to do.
Is it best just to get them planted now, without chitting? Or should I still try and chit them at all and get them planted even later? This is only the second year I've ever grown potatoes...
I'll be growing them in potato planters, in MPC, but with added potato fertliser. I'm also based on the South Coast, in a South facing garden, if location helps.