Forum home Problem solving

Lonicera problem

Hi
Planted up a lonicera Henryi earlier in the year, and ive noticed the top new leaves dont seem to be happy.
They are curling up a little and a little black.
Might this be late frost as we do live up high...mid wales ?? I enclose some pics.
Regards kevin.

• BorderlineBorderline Posts: 4,677
    They don’t look too bad. Could be cold damage due to warm weather followed by cold nights. Once your climber natures, it’s less likely this will happen. The other issue could be some sort of fungal infection on the leaves. This can happen in dense and damp situations. If it continues in the next few weeks, snip out the damage leaves. Any fallen leaves should be promptly removed from the base to limit spread and re-infection.
  • Kev121Kev121 Posts: 66
    Appreciate your advice...
    Will keep a close watch on it...
  • Kev121Kev121 Posts: 66
    Hi
    I sent in a post on the 19th april about my lonicera henryi and borderline gave me some good advice, but the plant seems to be getting worse ??
    The  leaves are curling in and just still dosent look well. 
    Sorry to be a pain but i desperately dont want to lose this climber. 
    Any further advice please ??
    Cheers Kevin. 

• BorderlineBorderline Posts: 4,677
    I just noticed, it is growing in a pot. Any chance you can get them into the ground? They really need a cool deep root run. Growing them in pots will mean they will always struggle. Plant somewhere in semi shade and in moist soil, they will grow a lot better.

For now, you need to keep on top of the watering in warm weather.
  • PosyPosy Isle of Wight.Posts: 3,422
    Have you checked for greenfly ?