Forum home Problem solving

Plant ID

Hi,

I have a shrub in my garden that's been here since I moved in 2 years ago. When in flower in the summer it blooms daily, dropping its flowers in the evening and blooming again the following morning. The flowers are pinky purple with a yellow centre and are paper thin. Almost like crepe paper. Unfortunately the flowers aren't in bloom yet but I have attached images of the shrub as it is now.

Thanks,
Jack. 

• AnniDAnniD South West UKPosts: 11,021
    I wonder if it's some kind of cistus ?
    @Silver surfer will know  :)
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 82,298
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 33,334
    Where's your manners ladies? 
    Welcome to the Forum @jack_kelly53.
    Deffo Cistus
    Devon.
  • Thank you for the welcome 😊

Cistus? Yes! That's definitely the one. It's been driving me mad. Knew this would be the right place! 😂

Thanks for your help. 

Jack. 
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 82,298
    edited April 2020
    And yes ... apologies for my lack of manners ... they’re disappearing ‘cos I’ve got a twingey painful trapped nerve in my neck (should’ve let OH haul the compost bags), but that’s really no excuse ... welcome to the forum @jack_kelly53 😊 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Oh it is! It's stunning. The local bees seem to enjoy it too! 😁
    local plants for local bees.
    Devon.
    I might go further suggest C. Pulverulentus
    Devon.
  • Yes definitely that. I've never seen them for sale anywhere or encountered them in other people's gardens. I'm chuffed I finally know what it is. 😊