Forum home Problem solving

Prayer plant - Leuconeura

Hi,

I was hoping someone could help me. I bought 2 prayer plants in January and they're behaving differently even thought they're placed in the same place. I've attached photos. I'm concerned about the one on the right that seems to be falling over. I don't know whether it just needs a bigger pot and more soil support, or if what's happening is normal.

I just noticed this morning while taking the photo that the tips of the standing up one are starting to turn brown, so I'm definitely doing something wrong. They're in the living room, out of direct sunlight. I mist the leaves, but I don't know how often I'm supposed to do this. 

Is the pot too small? Just right?!

Any help would be really appreciated!

• BijdezeeBijdezee BPosts: 1,484
    edited April 2020
    Is the shelf above a source of heat?
    It's possible that the drooping one has a problem with the roots. I suggest you gently tip it out of the pot and check that it's not too dry or too wet, that there's no pests like vine weavil, or root damage. 
  • RockDeskRockDesk Posts: 7
    Bijdezee said:
    Is the shelf above a source of heat?
    It's possible that the drooping one has a problem with the roots. I suggest you gently tip it out of the pot and check that it's not too dry or too wet, that there's no pests like vine weavil, or root damage. 
    Hi,

Thanks for the reply. Theyre above a fireplace but its not used. The room does get hot though. 

I'll have a look at the roots - would you suggest putting it into a slightly larger pot?
  • BijdezeeBijdezee BPosts: 1,484
    would you suggest putting it into a slightly larger pot?
    Not unless it's suffering from lack of moisture and needs more soil there to hold the moisture. It might be too much of a shock to the plant. 

I would try to ease it out of the pot first and see how wet or dry it is. 
  • RockDeskRockDesk Posts: 7
    Sorry for the delay in replying. I've attached a photo of the roots - they seem fine?

I added some more soil to the top of the pot to provide an anchor for the stems