Forum home Plants

Where to buy petunia plugs during this coronovirus ?

Hi  I wonder if anyone can help me ?  Where online  can I  buy plug plants Ive lots of time  because of this virus but can't seem to find anywhere .? Thanks 

• Big Blue SkyBig Blue Sky Posts: 713
    edited April 2020
    I bought mines on ebay. Some were quite small (wouldn’t buy “mini-plugs” again), but generally good healthy plants. 
    Surrey
  • GartenerGartener Posts: 99
    J Parkers online.

Otherwise I am pretty sure that the supermarkets will start selling the trays of plug plants when its the right time to be planting them out. Probably in 3-4 weeks i guess.
  • Unfortunately J Parker's have suspended sales...and it looks the rest are in equal amounts of strain as everyone and their dog discovered gardening 😉 maybe see if any local nurseries to you are getting ready to sell some? I bet quite a few will be as the orders for plugs would have gone in months ago and currently getting bigger in a greenhouse. @iris.pudney with last frost dates being three weeks away...plenty of time to locate a supplier.
    To Plant a Garden is to Believe in Tomorrow
  • BenCottoBenCotto Posts: 4,691
    This mail order company is still operating

http://www.brooksidenursery.co.uk/petunia-bedding-plants.html
    Rutland, England
  • edhelkaedhelka Posts: 2,350
    I normally buy on eBay but my favourite seller there closed. So I bought some nemesias and lobelias on Etsy, from PlantsByPost. I believe they also have a standalone website, possibly with a larger choice. I ordered on Sunday and received the plants on Wednesday, healthy and quite big.
  • FlyDragonFlyDragon Posts: 834
    I’ve ordered some from Crocus, expensive but it’s a one off!
  • It might be worth checking the J Parkers website after the Easter weekend. They had the same message up last weekend but were taking orders again during the week.
  • AnniDAnniD Posts: 12,479
    Hello Iris, mine came from Gardening Direct
    https://www.gardeningdirect.co.uk/bedding-plants
    Like other companies they are under pressure,  but their communication was good and l received them earlier than expected.
  • KiliKili Posts: 1,103
    edited April 2020

'The power of accurate observation .... is commonly called cynicism by those that have not got it.

George Bernard Shaw'