Forum home Plants

plants (weed) identification request

REMF33REMF33 Posts: 729
I suppose these are weeds, at least in the sense that I didn't put them there. Was wondering what they are. The slugs clearly like them...

Here's the first one

L

• REMF33REMF33 Posts: 729
    Here's  no 2: 

• Butterfly66Butterfly66 Posts: 958
    Looks like they are Honesty -Lunaria annua- they have lovely seed heads. Bees and butterflies love them too
     If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.”—Marcus Tullius Cicero
    East facing, top of a hill clay-loam, cultivated for centuries (7 years by me). Birmingham
    Oh. Now there's funny as I wanted to grow some. (I really don't remember putting any in...) I won't pull it up then! Will sort out some slug defense too.

Thank you very much! I am doing well on desirable weeds at the moment. Another weed turned out to be land cress.
    There is some fennel coming up as a weed next to them too... That might be coming out though!
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Posts: 87,881
    Yes, Honesty ... Lunaria annua and Lunaria annua ‘Alba’. 

Biennials so the seeds will have been sown last spring. 

Great for pollinators and beautiful dried seedheads for arrangements etc. 

Gardening in Central Norfolk on improved gritty moraine over chalk ... free-draining.

I should have known, really. Doh. As I said I have wanted to grow them, so pleased (but less so with location.)