Forum home Problem solving

Sad soft aloe vera

i have had this aloe plant for a few years a few leaves have fallen off do to being hit. I really would like so help because he is very special to me. Thanks :)

• JennyJJennyJ DoncasterPosts: 6,116
    The broken-off leaves won't regrow, but it should carry on growing new ones if the growing point is OK. If the growing point has been broken off it'll probably produce side shoots from the base. Can you put it somewhere where it won't get knocked again? Apart from that, just keep looking after it - bright sunny position if possible, and let it dry out fully between waterings (which should be a good soak and allowed to drain through,  don't leave it standing in water)
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 77,431
    Hi @Madisonmarchese and welcome to the forum 😊 

Has your aloe always lived in that pot?  The compost looks a bit tired to me so it may have few nutrients left. 

I would repot your aloe, shaking a lot of the old compost from the roots and repotting it in a mixture of 50/50 multi-purpose compost and horticultural grit  ...  and make sure that there are drainage holes in the pot so water can drain away freely.  

Make sure that it’s not planted any deeper than it is now. 

When repotted I’d water the plant and leave it to drain. 

I wouldn’t water again until the top inch of of the compost is dry. 

Our Aloe Vera is happy on an east facing window-sill, where it gets plenty of light but little direct sunlight. 

I hope that helps 😊 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh