Forum home Problem solving

Privet Hedge

Hi can anyone help me please I have a 10ft privet Hedge at the end of my garden the ground is very uneven and there is an uneven drop of approx 9 inches from the garden side to the path behind I have an escapee small dog, I have where possible attached sturdy wire trellis squares I have also attached chicken wire but unfortunately I have tried to even the ground as far as possible he still escapes under the wire, I have placed pots and various things but he still escapes behind, i am not really in a position to change this to a fence due to the cost and rather limited as to the work I can do as I am disabled, please, please can anyone give me any ideas?

• JennyJJennyJ DoncasterPosts: 6,053
    Difficult one. Could you somehow peg the chicken wire down to the ground at intervals small enough that he couldn't get underneath between them (or get someone to help with it)? Or does he dig underneath?
    Otherwise all I can think of is to keep him on a long lead so that he can move around but not get to the hedge, but he probably wouldn't be too happy about that  :(.

• Thank you yes unfortunately I have lots of chicken wire doubled up all along the hedge but unfortunately he is a digger, yes the latter may be the answer or he can only go out when I am with him, thanks once again