Forum home Problem solving

Convolvulus pruning

gardenman91gardenman91 BrightonPosts: 429
Hello everyone, so I have a Convolvulus that I pruned quite hard last year and it came back with a vengeance. This time it’s bigger than before so I’m wondering if I can prove it quite hard again? I didn’t decide to prune until now as we’ve had some strong winds here.

Thank you

• AnniDAnniD South West UKPosts: 11,008
    Hi Margaret  :)
    Do you mean convolvulus cneorum?  If so, l think that's normally pruned August/September time. If you prune it later l think you miss this year's flowers. 
    Is it another type of convolvulus? 
  • gardenman91gardenman91 BrightonPosts: 429
    Hi Anni

Yes it is that one, it’s got silvery leaves and white flower as My RHS pruning book says prune it before flowering but it’s massive so just wanted to know if I can prune it hard.

Many thanks
  • AnniDAnniD South West UKPosts: 11,008
    I should think if it's really getting too big, you could prune it. It would just mean no flowers this year, but that's probably the case anyway  :)
    Ok thanks I shall cut it back hard! I’m starting to learn with a few of my plants that they need annual pruning. I’ve only been gardening for a few years and have so much to learn but it’s amazing :smile:
  • KT53KT53 GloucestershirePosts: 7,548
    I honestly read the title as 'Coronavirus pruning'.  Talk about reading what you think you see rather than what has been written!
    KT53 said:
    I honestly read the title as 'Coronavirus pruning'.  Talk about reading what you think you see rather than what has been written!
    😂