Forum home The potting shed

Nurseries / Garden Centres doing local deliveries.

1235»

• debs64debs64 West Midlands, on the edge of the Black Country Posts: 4,223
    To me garden supplies and bird food are essential but maybe I see it differently because I have to go out every day to work, travel on the bus and interact closely with workmates. In these busy stressful days being able to go in my garden, sow seeds and plant up pots and watch the birds on the feeders feels as if it’s saving my sanity. Each to their own. 
  • Sorry not exactly goes with the topic, just a quick note: Lidl has lovely healthy plants on sale today- a good selection of geraniums and some others. In case it helps someone who was not able to get a delivery slot. 

Surrey
  • LoxleyLoxley Posts: 4,460
    I received some compost and three lovely Geranium x cantabrigiense St Ola earlier today from Ashdale Nursery in Nottingham. I love Ashdale so was glad to be able to support their business. 

https://www.ashdale-nursery.co.uk
  • AnniDAnniD Posts: 9,655
    @WillDB , l like the message on the website "We do not sell seeds, gardening tools or scented candles". 
    Who contacts a nursery wanting scented candles? 😁
    Glad you're happy with the plants though  :)
  • AnniDAnniD Posts: 9,655
    I think this may have been posted earlier in the thread, but l came across it today
    https://plantsnearme.hta.org.uk/
  • KT53KT53 Posts: 6,449
    Very useful link.  Thanks.
  • Nanny BeachNanny Beach Posts: 7,736
    I tried it, it said 0, but there is a nursery a couple of villages away, we went past, on the way to do our B & Q click n collect, Hubby saw a sign saying they are delivering.  I normally shop at Lidl, but have just been using my nearest local Tesco Express.  Even there you queue outside on the markers, are meant to go round the shop following the arrows, and people DONT. My daughter told me yesterday her B & Q in Tunbridge Wells is definitely open, yet, when we got our order different branch, the bloke said all the branches were only click and collect.  She said The Range was also open.I havent ordered any plants or seeds, from the big companies, are they delivering OK?
  • jo4eyesjo4eyes North East Derbyshire Posts: 2,053
    I ordered some clematis plants from Thompson & Morgan 2 days before this lockdown...the 4 days delivery quickly changed to 2 weeks & now it’s eta from the end of this month. Oh well..

Lots of both chain & independent GC within a few miles of here & the closest one, part of Blue Diamond group, is delivering stuff eg compost. TBH not checked for plants. 
    The 2 I personally prefer to visit are out of close range for their delivery. 
  • Nanny BeachNanny Beach Posts: 7,736
    I have found this with online suppliers anyway, including T & M, what makes me cross is they dont update you, you ring to be told its the weather or something, but if they at least let you know, it would be helpful. We have a cheque to bank, you cant get through to the branch or the main number, it told me to look online, I did, it said I can use an app, take a picture of the cheque, send it.  Nope, cant, no, smart phone, no apps, dont do online banking.  Will have to go and see if local branch is open tomorrow.
  • mimoseymimosey Posts: 1
    If you are located on the Isle of Wight, give Highwood Nurseries a call.   They can deliver locally, subject to stock & minimum order.

www.highwoodnurseries.co.uk

Telephone   01983 721011