Forum home The potting shed

Nurseries / Garden Centres doing local deliveries.

• YviestevieYviestevie Kingswinford, West MidlandsPosts: 6,681
    Thanks @debs64 we've been there quite a few times.
    Hi from Kingswinford in the West Midlands
  • Lizzie27Lizzie27 SomersetPosts: 9,269
    Hayloft are still delivering.  So are Thompson & Morgan and I've had no problems ordering from them.
  • debs64debs64 West Midlands, on the edge of the Black Country Posts: 4,223
    @Yviestevie just got my order beautiful healthy plants and some bags of compost can definitely recommend them. 
  • YviestevieYviestevie Kingswinford, West MidlandsPosts: 6,681
    @debs64 Glad they deliver compost I'll be right on it.
    Hi from Kingswinford in the West Midlands
  • FireFire LondonPosts: 14,142
    Our local nursery is slowly delivering compost and plants again this week - starting with key workers, which is great. Our local garden store is allowed to open as it provides pet supplies. It is starting slowly now with compost and plant delivery (I got a load today). So, by me, things are slowly evening out.

I put a big seed order in with Suttons two weeks ago and have still not had any - amixture probably of their backlog and Royal Mail which has siezed by us. It will turn up eventually.
  • Lizzie27Lizzie27 SomersetPosts: 9,269
    I've just posted on the Curmudgeon's thread about a media website who's helping small nurseries sell online.
  • LynLyn DevonPosts: 19,940
    Free delivery over £50.00, seems they are spreading out with their delivery radius.

https://www.bluediamond.gg/garden-centre/trelawney-garden-centre
    Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• JennyJJennyJ DoncasterPosts: 6,141
    If one of our local nurseries starts doing their own deliveries I'll order from them to help support their business, but I don't feel inclined to order from further away and put extra pressure on our posties and couriers. We're even trying to resist ordering from Amazon at the moment.
  • lmoth865lmoth865 Posts: 1
    Personally I think this would be an ideal time to allow our wild flowers & 'weeds' to flourish in our gardens and lawns instead of the usual weeding, mowing regimes.  This will benefit bees, butterflies, hover flies, beetles etc, and people may be surprised how attractive a lawn full of daisy's and dandelions really is.  I let my Green Alkanet grow every year & the bees love it! Just a thought.
    Stay safe.
  • KT53KT53 Posts: 6,449
    JennyJ said:
    If one of our local nurseries starts doing their own deliveries I'll order from them to help support their business, but I don't feel inclined to order from further away and put extra pressure on our posties and couriers. We're even trying to resist ordering from Amazon at the moment.

I agree totally with that JennyJ.  Support the local, independant nurseries and garden centres wherever possible.  We'll need them in the future.